I had another seizure again at the school dance, and I was terrified and scared. My eyes rolled up into my head, my left hand started shaking and was freezing cold, and I lost all strength in my legs. I could not walk. The first responders said that I had a small seizure. The reason I could not walk was a combination of the seizure from the lights and a shot I got for my seizures. I was scared about the lights to begin with and did not want to go in the first place. My cousin went with me, though.
I went because I had to take pictures for the yearbook. I just don’t understand how I could have another seizure when the doctors said I would not have one. Were they wrong!
All they ever say is, “I don’t know.” I spend about four to five hours in the emergency room sometimes, and they are clueless. This time, my parents did not take me to the emergency room. They just kept a close eye on me and let me watch movies all weekend. I just hope my school will let me come to more dances. I think it was the laser lights that triggered my seizure. I wish they would get rid of them. I just wonder why all that happened? Please respond, I need some advice!
- Seizures can present unique challenges. Although they can be frustrating, do not let them get in the way of your daily living and your goals.
- It is a good idea to watch out for your triggers. You can even log what you think set off the seizures. This may help you and your doctors in figuring out what may be causing them.
- Talk to your school administration to help them be aware of your condition. They may be inclined to remove triggers so that you can go to the dances. It never hurts to ask!
- Sometimes medical conditions take a while to diagnose. Doctors sometimes have to say that do not know because they do not want to make mistakes. Although it is hard, try to be patient. Know that they always want to help you.
- What are some possible triggers and how can you avoid them?
- What challenges do seizures present?
- What medical professionals can you talk to about the condition who may be able to give you some tips?