My mom gets mad at me cause my grades i tell i finish stuff she never believes me my teacher barley grades anything im in 6th grade and 11 years old idk why she hits me calls me gay and a (explicit) all the time.
- First, thank you for writing into TeenCentral . It takes courage to tell your story.
- It is never ok to feel as though you are being harmed, or not safe. In our What’s New section there is a blog called Getting Help For Abuse On Your own. If you feel as though you are not safe, I have added the link below to assist you. If you don’t feel as though you want to talk to a hotline, and you are not safe please contact 911.
Child Help USA National Hotline
Available 24/7, over 170 languages
Helps youth who are suffering child abuse
- Is there someone that you can talk to about what is going on? This can be anyone that is a trusted adult such as another family member, a teacher, guidance counselor, therapist, or religious affiliate. They could assist you in what is going on or could potentially assist with processing through what is occurring.
- Could you potentially talk to your teacher about this and how they could assist you with this as well?
- Is there a way to show your mom your work when you complete it, or set up a system where you complete work in a space that is public?
- Finding a tool to assist you is really important. In our TOOLS section we have some great resources in this section. One of which is called the support plan. This can be used when words start to affect the self-esteem and affect the way that we feel. If that does not work for you there a lot of other options in that section. Remember you are not alone.