I’m 15 years old and I have been through a lot of rough times here lately. In the summer, I was forced to do something with a guy. And ever since then, I have been doing more sexual stuff with guys. The cops didn’t listen, and neither did anyone who I went to for help. Now I have a drug problem and I’m doing sexual stuff out of spite because I don’t think anyone cares!
- Sometimes there’s nothing worse than feeling ignored. You probably spoke up to that guy, and he didn’t listen when you said “No”, Then, you were forced to do something you really didn’t want to do. It’s understandable why you started doing more sexual stuff with guys because it got you some much needed attention. Unfortunately, what you really needed was someone to listen to you, understand you, and care enough about what you were saying.
- It’s good that you reached out to TeenCentral.com. We care and we’re here to help you get through this.
- Please consider getting some help for your drug problem. Drugs are masking all the emotions you have buried that need to be dealt with. Drugs can hurt or kill you. You can check local resources and the helplines on our site to get the assistance you need. You are only 15 years old. You will want to kick this habit now so you can create the life that you have always dreamed about.
- Remember: caring starts with YOU. You must care about yourself enough to stop doing the drugs and to stop being promiscuous. You certainly don’t want to put yourself in a position where you might get an STD or an unwanted pregnancy. Doing anything out of spite is never a good thing. Two wrongs will never make a right.
- Don’t give up on people! Keep reaching out to trusted adults to be your sounding board. Sooner or later you will find someone that will listen to you and help you.
- Who else can you talk to about the sexual abuse you endured?
- Where can you get help for your drug problem? Could you start by getting a health assessment from your doctor?
- Which helplines have you called? How do you feel about checking out some of those help lines on this site?