Overwhelmed by Depression
MY DEPRESSION IS RUINING ME.
- You have incredible willpower for seeking help because depression can be a very painful process to overcome.
- Try to make yourself a priority by focusing on mental healing and recovery.
- It is important to reach out to out to a counselor or close friend to create a positive support system. Having someone to listen or bounce thoughts off may be therapeutic.
- You might also want to try centering your attention on something you enjoy doing, such as a hobby or interest.
- If the feeling of depression becomes unbearable and you need someone to talk to, you can find supportive hotlines under the Help tab on the website.
- When you did start feeling depressed?
- Did something happen to make you start feeling this way?
- Have you thought about reaching out to a counselor?
- Do you remember an activity or event where you felt happy and positive?