I’m 19 and married to a guy in the military. I also just entered my 2nd trimester in pregnancy. I got married to fast for the wrong reasons. I just got out of jail when he offered to marry me. I figured it’d be good to get out of my home town away from the drugs and violence. Ever since we got married life’s a living hell. We fight all the time everything is my fault, I’m awful he’s perfect . Now I’m half away across the country stuck with a man I hate. I want to die the only reason I’m still alive is my baby but I’m afraid I’ll resent her because I’m just stuck alone with no chance of leaving now. I don’t know how much longer I can do this.
- It sounds like you are in a hard position, feeling alone, stuck and being pregnant. Though it may feel that way, you are never alone and there is always help. You are strong for wanting to do the best thing for your child.
- Think about calling a trusted adult, family member or friend to help you figure out the best solution.
- If you can’t reach out that way, maybe you can find a local counselor or support group for support during this difficult time. There are several resources right here on Teencentral.com available on the Help page.
- If you feel like you are unsafe and may harm yourself please contact a helpline, such as the Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-8255. There are people available to help you and support you at any time of day or night.
- Remember that although it may feel as thought things are hopeless now, your situation is not permanent and there is support available!
- What would happen if you contacted a trusted adult or friend about your situation?
- How can you use TeenCentral.com resources to help you right now?
- What would happen if you called the Suicide Hotline to get you the support you need for yourself and your baby?