I am (age) and I’ve been blackmailed, a random girl added me on snap, we talked for a bit and she pressured me into sending her nudes, im ashamed for what I’ve did, then she threatened to post my nudes on everything, I really need help
- First thank you for reaching out to TeenCentral . It takes courage to tell your story.
- Is there someone that you can talk to about this.? It might not be the best conversation, but it is important to let an adult know what is going on. This can be any supportive adult from a parent, teacher, family member, religious affiliation, or coach. Letting someone know that this has been leaked could allow for some much-needed processing, and a plan.
- If you feel as though the stressors are getting worst, please contact the crisis hotline by texting “Hello” to 741741. Someone is there 24/7 to assist in crisis management.
- Processing through what has occurred is very important. We should never trust anyone that we have met on the internet, and that can be a really scary thing to think about. To help with the stresses of this it might be beneficial to write down how you are feeling. This can be done in a journal or in a sketchbook of some sort. This allows for the many parts of the brain to work together which can allow for better decision making and planning ahead.
- Do you know this person? If you have the name of this person, you could let your trusted adult know this as well and let them know that this person is stating that they are going to blackmail you and what they are asking for.
- You are not alone!!! By involving that trusted adult you are creating a support network in a time that can be very stressful.