I literally have to stay silent because even if I say how I feel I get into trouble or get told I’m lying. Why can’t anyone understand it seriously It feels like I’m trapped in my own bubble, numb inside. I guess I have to fake happiness in this world, and then when something happens to me everyone will be crying and be disappointed in me, instead about how I felt and how I was trying to tell someone I need help and to send me back to my family house instead of being at this foster home, suffering more with my mental health. I got the help I need now it’s time to go back home to my real parents and have the old help I had. plz I’m in a world of confusion.
Ways To Help Yourself
- It seems like you are going through a very tough time right now. Thank you for trusting TeenCentral and sharing your story with us. Be proud of yourself for reaching out for help.
- Have you considered finding a trusted adult or friend that you feel you can be yourself and express yourself without fear or getting in trouble? Sometimes we need to think of someone outside the direct circle of friends as well. This could be anyone from someone at school, or a case worker.
- If you ever feel like you need to talk someone now but feel like you have no one in that moment, you can always contact the Crisis Line through text by texting “HOME” to “741741” or visit their website at crisistextline.org.
- If you are ever feeling as though you are not going to be safe. Please contact the suicide hotline that we have listed below. They are a great resource where someone is there to chat 24/7.
National Suicide Hotline
Helps individuals in suicidal crisis with support
If You Are Up for It
Consider a few things that might help ease your mind and get through your time at the foster home. Under the “Tools” tab you will find the following and more:
- Creating a Support Plan – writing down how you are feeling, when you are feeling that way and who you can talk to is a great starting point check out My Support Plan activity.
- Tracking your mood using the Weekly Mood Tracker.
- Also check out the Positive Self Talk and Daily Positive Reminder this might help when you are feeling down.
- It sounds like you feel you can’t express yourself without feeling like you are getting in trouble. Have you considered writing down your thoughts and emotions? Maybe organizing your thoughts before expressing them might help get your point across.
- Just remember it is always good to start somewhere. You got this!