My so-called “friend” has been leaving me out of things for a while. I finally talked to her about it and then she got upset with me. If anyone should be upset, it should be me. She’s being very rude and immature. I’ve been taking the anger out on my parents. I don’t want to talk to them because they’ll bug me about it. I feel horrible and like I’m the only one that this has happened to.
- You are not the only person that this has happened to it’s understandable that you would feel this way. It’s good that you have reached out to seek some advice about this situation.
- Talking to your friend about how your feeling in a calm manner may help, you said you tried to talk to her but she could have felt like you were attacking her. It may also be helpful to have a third party there to help mediate the discussion.
- Talking to your parents may be helpful. While they may ask questions, it’ll be to make sure everything is okay. They might be able to help you sort through this. Your parents also deserve to know why you’ve been taking your anger out on them.
- Maybe think about finding other ways to work through your anger such as working out or writing in a journal.
- It is frustrating to deal with people that are behaving like this, the best thing to do might be to just move on. It may be sad at first but could potentially make you feel a lot better.
- What are some ways that you could work through your anger?
- What would happen if you were to talk to your parents about what is going on?
- Who is someone you trust well enough to potentially mediate a discussion with your friend?
- What would happen if you decided you no longer wanted to be friends?