when i was little i saw my mom getting abused by my dad and when my mom went to work we would not eat utill my mom came home .
i have adhd and a social disoder and i have ptsd .
and when my mom gets a boyfriend i don’t like them because i think they will hurt my mom i love my mom i never really know my dad .
i am a bad kid i fell like if i was never born then i would be better and when i was 6 i was raped by mu uncle.
i try to kill myslef.
- It must have been very scary to have witnessed the abuse and still be scary now having those memories! Please know this is a safe place to express yourself and share. TeenCentral will do our very best to provide you with the resources needed for you and your situation. Thank you for trusting us with your story.
- Have you expressed these fears and feelings with your mom? If you haven’t please do so as soon as you can. It is important for her to know what is going on with you so that she can better support you through these situations. If you have, make sure you follow up with her to make her aware they are still there. Take some time to read the “Family” page in our Learn tab. This will help you better understand different family dynamics and how to talk with Mom about these things.
- Do you have any older sibling/cousins? How about any aunts/uncles, grandparents, close family friends, or even a trusted adult like a teacher or coach? Try to identify someone like this who you feel you can trust and feel comfortable enough with to talk to about these feelings. You may be surprised at how much this can help you.
- If you go to the Tools page, your will find many activity worksheets that might help you have these conversations. Some topics covered are, 8 Sign of Unhealthy Relationships, Support Plan, and Dating Violence. These worksheets will help you identify red flags and understand what healthy and unhealthy relationships may look like as well as helping you to find your support group within the people you have in your life.
- Have you ever spoken to a professional therapist or doctor about these feelings? If you haven’t, consider talking to you mom about possibly starting this. A professional therapist will be able to work with both you and your mother to help heal from these past traumas and live happier healthier lives.
- If you don’t have any coping skills/hobbies currently, consider learning something new. Try reading/writing, or coloring & drawing. These can help you work those emotions out on paper and release them from your mind.
- Remember that if you ever feel so scared or unsafe that you or somebody you know might hurt you or your mother, there are people you can call for help. You text “HOME” to 741741. That is the Crisis Textline, and workers are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Or you can visit their website here.
- Two other options are 911 and 988. 911 can send police &/or medical help directly to you, and 988 is the National Suicide Hotline. A crisis worker will speak to you directly and help assist you any way they can. You can also visit their website here.
- It is important to know that even though you may feel alone there is always help out there. They may even be a simple text or phone call away.