It feels like i’m trapped with negativity in my mind. I can’t feel anything and I hate myself for who I am and what I do. I hate my body I hate that there is no one to trust. I can’t stand feeling overwhelmed with all these emotions. So yesterday I was scratching myself to make a feeling of pain go through me. So I went to my guidance counselor and talked. Today I feel alone not welcome, when I was at lunch I went to the bathroom and put hot water where I scratched to make it burn. So i might be seeing my counselor again today I don’t want to so yeah. IDK what to do anymore. Any suggestions? Can’t text a help line or call one so that’s out of the case,and a ER visit will never happen. So plz give me ideas.
- First thing I want to say is thank you, for having the courage to reach out to TeenCentral for guidance. Often times, reaching out for help is very difficult for many reasons. Be proud of yourself for making that big step.
- What you are describing is a very horrible way to feel and pretty serious. I see that you mentioned that you have had help in the past and are seeking help now. That is an important step to finding better ways to deal with all kinds of things.
- I know you mentioned that you cannot text or call any hotlines, however if you know someone that has a phone you can use or even a guidance counselor, I am sure they can assist you. I am going to give you the numbers to call just in case you can reach out to get support when you are in crisis:
Support to all individuals in crisis
Text “HELLO” to 741741
- If you or someone you know are feeling as though you are in crisis or if you are feeling as though you want to hurt yourself, please contact the resources listed below. You can contact the crisis number by texting “Hello” to 741741. The nice thing is that you can text them and someone is there to talk 24/7.
National Suicide Hotline
Helps individuals in suicidal crisis with support
- I know you mentioned that you talked to some adults, but don’t give up. Think of an adult that you do or can trust like your school counselor (don’t stop reaching out for help), teacher, someone from a church parent and/or your friend’s parents. Having a line of communication is key in getting on track and having supports. They might even be able to assist you using the hotlines above.
- Here on TeenCentral website you can find resources that might help you. Under the Learn Tab click on self-injury. This will give you a better understanding of what self-harm is, why and what to do.
- In the Tools Tab you can find:
Weekly Mood Tracker – https://teencentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/016_0028B_TCWeeklyMoodTracker.pdf
- There are also many hotlines available to you on the TeenCentral HELP tab. Read over them because one of them may apply to your situation perfectly – and they respond immediately to you. Know that you are not alone. You got this!!!