happiness is a a l i e n to me,
what do you mean Sunday funday?
any day isn’t funday
- It must feel so defeating to feel like you aren’t able to experience happiness in your life right now. Thank you for reaching out to us here at Teen Central to try and help. How long is it been since you felt happiness in your life? Has it been a long time, like a couple of months or more? We asked these questions because if it’s been that long you could be suffering from something like depression. Depression is a real illness and you could need the help of a doctor.
- Have you attempted to reach out to someone to talk to? Maybe a trusted adult, teacher, guidance counselor, coach, spiritual leader?
- Have you ever tried talking to a therapist about how you’re feeling? The combination of working with the doctor and a professional therapist could really be helpful especially if this is been going on for a long time. If it’s only been going on for a short time, there may be situations in your life currently that are contributing to the problem.
- Most importantly, have these feelings of not being happy ever been so bad that you’ve considered hurting yourself? It’s ever gotten that bad please make sure that you reach out to someone who can talk to you immediately, possibly someone from a hotline like the Crisis Textline. Just text “hello” to 741741 and strike up a conversation. Experts are available 24 hours a day and seven days a week to help people who feel that they are in crisis.
- If you haven’t looked through our site, we have many options available that may help. In our “Learn” tab, we have sections with information on depression and wellness. Our “Tools” section includes many ideas for coping skills, a mood tracker and other supports.
- Many people are having difficulty getting “back to themselves” since Co-Vid 19 began. It may help to read some of the stories sent in by others to see what they’ve been going through, along with suggestions by various counselors. If anything, it will show you that you are not alone.
- Do you have any hobbies/ activities that you enjoyed in the past but haven’t spent much time on lately? This may be a good time to try going back to something you enjoyed, or maybe even try something new. Do you like sports? Art? Music? Try and find even one thing that brings a smile to your face and start there.