Anxiety and Unmotivated
I’ve been struggling with anxiety and stuff lately. Also, I feel unmotivated to do anything. I don’t even have the motivation to shower or eat much or do a lot. My mum says she’s working on getting me therapy, but it’s been months. My dad is borderline mentally/emotionally and abusive/neglectful and he wasn’t too on board with me getting therapy. I just feel so isolated and I don’t know what to do.
- Thank you for reaching out. That is a difficult thing to do and one of the first steps on getting help.
- Maybe you can reconnect with your mom and ask her about where she is at in getting you therapy for your anxiety.
- If this is something that you really want to do to get better then maybe you should just speak with your mom or another trusted adult who is supportive of your choices.
- There is also plenty of literature out there on dealing with anxiety and feeling unmotivated in life. Maybe you can do some research online or at your library or a bookstore to get some more ideas on what you can do to get better.
- Also, another option is to do some research on Teencentral.com or online to see if there are support groups that you can get involved with so you can start getting better for you.
- What would happen if you asked your mom where she is at on getting you therapy?
- Who are some other supportive people that could help you get the help you are seeking for?
- What would happen if you did your own research at a library, online or a bookstore on getting through anxiety and being unmotivated?
- What would happen if you also did some research on Teencentral.com or finding a supportive group to help you start getting better?