My boyfriend is always hitting on my friends and telling other girls that he loves them. He behaves so nice to me. He is so loving. He says that he is just joking around and that he only loves me. It’s happening so often, but I don’t want to get used to this situation. He seems so genuine and truthful when he talks, and he is trying to change. Help!
- Not being able to trust your boyfriend can make you feel confused and worried. You are smart for questioning how genuine his feelings are for you even though his interest in other girls may be hurtful.
- If you need someone to talk to, you can head to the Teen Central website and click the Help tab to call one of the hotlines. You may also speak to a school counselor about your problem.
- Boys can be immature, and many of them do cheat on their girlfriends. If you find that he did in fact cheat on you, then he’s not the right one for you. Besides this, most boys think differently from girls. If you want someone who truly cares about you, you might want to wait for the right person to come along. This person won’t be perfect and there is the possibility that they will cheat on you. Love you as yourself and treat you with genuine respect. Knowledge is power. On the Teen Central website, click the Tools tab to download – 8 Signs of Healthy Relationships and 8 Signs of Unhealthy Relationships. Besides this, there are resources for positivity, yoga poses and more.
- If your boyfriend is that interested in other girls, there’s a good chance he’s not totally committed to your relationship. You can ask yourself why this bothers you and if you feel like it’s acceptable behavior. If this isn’t acceptable, you have the right to end your relationship. This could end up being a good thing because you’ll have the chance to find someone better.
- Writing down your thoughts can help you piece them together. You can write down what your ideal boyfriend would be like. For example, would he be funny, smart, friendly, etc. How would he look and treat you? Try comparing this to your actual boyfriend. Even though nobody’s perfect, no one deserves to settle for someone who doesn’t meet their standards.
- Creativity can help you express your feelings in a healthy way so you can better understand how you feel in real life situations. Ways to be creative include drawing, coloring in a coloring book, creative writing, listening to music or playing a musical instrument, among others.
- Spirituality can make a person’s life more meaningful and authentic. Spiritual techniques like yoga, meditation and prayer can help you focus better and calm down so you’re in a better mindset to think more clearly about your decisions and life. You may also attend church services to try to understand what to do.
- You can have more genuine relationships by being yourself and practicing self-care. Someone who cares about you will love you for you. You can educate yourself more about relationships by reading educational blogs and books on the subject.
- If you made a list of the many reasons you deserve genuine love and respect from boys, what would it look like?
- In what ways is it better to wait for the right person to have a relationship with?
- How can being in the wrong relationship eventually ruin a person’s future, make them unhappy and be a waste of time?
- In what ways is it wrong for someone to not care about your feelings?
- What are the differences between someone who’s only in a relationship to have fun and someone who’s actually loving and committed?