I used to cut a lot. I’ve cut it down, but it is still a problem.
- Life is very tough and everyone goes through many times in life where they feel distressed and sometimes, unfortunately, use self-harm as a coping mechanism. You are not alone in what you are going through.
- If at any point, you start to contemplate suicide please call CHILDHELP USA at 1-800-442-4453. There are professional counselors there that will listen to what you have to say, the call is also available 24/7, it’s confidential and it’s toll-free.
- Life is tough for everyone and sometimes talking to a counselor, therapist, or a trusted adult, can help you sort through your problems and help you deal with difficult situations in life.
- Write in a journal to help you identify your triggers for cutting and try to talk yourself to a solution. Instead of cutting, turn to your journal to write when you’re happy, sad or upset.
- What triggers the cutting?
- How have you managed to cut down cutting, and how can you continue to cut it down?
- How can you stop cutting all together?
- What can you learn from challenges you are facing?