I’m the only child to my parents. Every affection shown by people has made me feel special, but I always end up getting hurt!
I was in love, or was it just liking? Idk, but it was really mutual! After asking me out, after just two days, the guy backed out! Although I need to be happy that he did it early, even now I’m not really over the day he asked me out because I was the happiest! Every day I wake up and motivate myself with “Okay! Today I won’t even try talking to him!” After a lot of trying, I seen zoned him for one whole day! It’s progress if u ask me, but then the guy texts me the next day! I replied, then seen zoned, but he decided to go on texting until he could seen zone me! I didn’t understand that. Why text when eventually he wants to do this??
Idk how to move on if he keeps coming back like this! I understood that he wants me to text him, but it’s only then that he’ll talk and he can’t take me seen zoning him! I really could use some advice now because I’m pretty confused! Is he talking to me because he actually wants to or is it because he is guilty!
- It sounds like you’re in a confusing situation here. Thanks for reaching out to Teen Central to try and help!
- Have you tried asking him what’s going on? As difficult as it is, confronting a situation head on and asking the other person for clarification is often the best way to get answers and avoid confusion. It may or may not be the answer you want, but at least you understand what’s going on. You also always have the choice, even though it may be painful, to not reply to his texts.
- Being an only child can be lonely at times. Have you tried getting involved in any clubs, activities, sports (depending on your interest) that would help you meet new people? Doing things you enjoy will set you up to meet people who have similar interests to you.
- Have you tried journaling at all? You might want to make a list of things that you want in a relationship, and/or a list of characteristics you need from someone you’re in a relationship with. It may help you when deciding whether or not you really want to be involved with someone. Check out the LEARN section for information on Healthy vs. Unhealthy Relationships.
- Whatever you decide, just remember that the people you choose to be in your life should be those who help build you up into a better version of yourself, not knock you down. Does this person make you feel that way?