I am 12 years old and I’m kind of wealthy. I am really stressed with online school and I am just well tired and procrastinating and well like everyone. I have had minor play fights with my sister, but this one got bad and I don’t know what to do. I was watching Grey’s because it’s Thursday and my sister has gastritis and burps so loud and I have minor OCD so noises get me annoyed. She goes hey (me) guess what? I say what she leans in close to my ear and burps so loud in my ear and I yell at her and tell her to stop and go away and she flips me off. Keep in mind I’m twelve and well no one likes being told f*** you even if it’s in hand form. My mom rushes in and grabs the remote and turns it off. I ask her for it back she says to stop screaming at sister I say ok. I turn it back on and sister continues to burp and chew really kicking my OCD and anxiety off the shelves I mean they were already falling after being in a house with the same 4 people for 2 weeks coming on 3. So I loudly ask her to stop and she goes f*** you quietly and I tell her to stop flipping me off and telling me to f myself. My mom comes in and tries to grab the remote and shelter it with my body. She grabs my hair in one hand with a bit of shoulder flub and with the other pinches for the remote and lands on my boob she squeezed it hard I don’t know if it was on purpose or not. Ladies you know boobs when growing hurt when touched. I told her to apologize and she said ‘ok sorry,’ but… That doesn’t count it was like a half/fake apology. I go to my sister and hit her with a blanket and say it’s your fault my dad comes up and screams get out go to your room cuz my sister fake cried while I really cry still an hour later. I’m kinda traumatized and I don’t know what to do I want to call 911, but I don’t want to leave my house or my life and I don’t want to go to an uncleanly environment right now. I want to call my aunt who I feel closest to but she is really close with my mom and they tell each other everything and I don’t know how to handle this situation I could call a friend but what if people tell other people I can’t have that cuz I don’t know how I feel I love my parents I think but I’m kind of traumatized. I just want to go outside go shopping or something I just don’t know.
- It seems like you’re very frustrated. Reaching out for help can be difficult, and you’ve come to the right place.
- If you ever feel that you are in danger, or need immediate assistance please call 911, or reach out to your local authorities!
- There are many ways to manage OCD and anxiety, and being organized with a predictable schedule could be a start. Check out the TOOLS tab for the Task Chart and Schedule resources. Having a lot of down time leaves lots of room for discomfort. Planning your day may be a useful way to make sure you have lots of productive time, and give you more positive things to focus your energy on.
- Conflict management can be difficult in confined spaces. Try initiating a conversation with each member of your family and talk about how you could all help each other to manage this period of heightened stress.
- Sharing space for such a prolonged time can bring on unexpected conflict, especially in siblings. What are some creative ways to have your own space? Are you able to be in different rooms at certain times so that you feel that you aren’t always around your parents and siblings? A little bit of space and quiet time can go a long way.
- Is there an activity or a game that you and your family haven’t done together in a while? Being in shared space is the perfect time to pick a project, build something, or do something creative. Could you invite the family together to work on something together?
- You mentioned wanting to talk to your aunt, is there another trusted adult that you can reach out to for advice? You’re not alone in feeling frustrated and cooped up, could another adult in a different home offer you some solace?