I hate my life everything sucks I feel so alone, my family hates me. My crush called me weird and he made fun of me in front of his friends and he said I eat gum off his shoe. and anyone I talk to makes fun of me behind my back and I try to fit in but it don’t work and I see no point in being happy. everyone I try to talk to hates me my friends insult me makes fun of my hair or clothes and I sit alone at school crying my eyes out or if I see my crush at school in the cafeteria I wanna go up to him but I can’t because I feel so ugly, annoying, helpless and I cry whenever I see him with any other girl. I really like him but if I can’t have him I don’t wanna be alive anymore and he probably hates me and he’s all I want but if he don’t like me I don’t wanna live. I hate my life and I tried to make it better but it don’t work and nothing will I feel and my friends are fake they don’t really like me I am being hated by my friends and family and my crush they hate me insult me laugh at me I feel like the whole world is laughing at me why can’t I just be happy what’s wrong with me I feel so sad and alone and miserable I wish the pain I feel could stop but it doesn’t I feel it all the time I’m miserable sad and helpless and not worth anything my crush is the only thing that is making me alive but I don’t see a point now of living if I can’t talk or be his girl so I wanna end it…
And i’m extremely sad because my crush don’t like me and he once made fun of me with his friends and my friends pretend like they like me but they insult me and i can’t talk to my crush because i think he hates me so i wanna end things i don’t wanna feel this pain anymore
- STAY! You aren’t alone and we are here to support you. It sounds like you are in a lot of pain and we hope you recognize how STRONG and COURAGEOUS you are for opening up and sharing your story with the TeenCentral Community. It’s not easy to open up and be vulnerable so thank you for trusting us.
- YOU ARE WORTH IT AND YOUR LIFE IS IMPORTANT! We would love it if you would reach out and talk or text with someone to get some additional support now. If you don’t feel like you have someone that you can talk to in your life, you can ALWAYS Text “HELLO” to 741741 to chat with someone via text or Call 1-800-273-8255… Both of these are available right now and 24/7.
- In addition to reaching out to talk to someone, we also encourage you to check out some of the stories of others to help not feel so alone. You’ll see there are so many people know what it feels like to be alone, or have trouble with their friends, or feel like they can’t connect with their crush – it may be just the connection you need to keep going. There is definitely HOPE out there.
WHERE TO GO FROM HERE:
- Often times when we feel bad about ourselves, it can be really hard to feel like anybody can like or care about you. Have you considered that you may be struggling with Depression? One of the impacts of Depression is that it can make you feel negative and hopeless about everything. We encourage you to check out the section on this topic under the LEARN tab and see if this is something you experience.
- It also sounds like you need an outlet for the emotions you are feeling. Finding positive coping skills is a really important part of overcoming negative emotions or events. Have you ever tried journaling? If that’s not something that interests you, are there any other creative outlets you enjoy that help you feel better? It may be creative like artwork, or active or being outside, or reading. Could be anything, just as long as it’s something you enjoy doing. Consider how it would feel if you made an appointment with yourself for 10 minutes a day to do something that makes you feel good.
- Have you ever heard of a mantra? Having things that you can do to help you feel better is wonderful, but sometimes you’re in situations that you can’t do that thing that helps you. That’s where mantras may come in. A mantra is a phrase that you say to yourself (either quietly or completely silently in your mind, you can chant them too as part of meditation) that helps you cope, or remember something important to you, and get through a tough time. It’s as simple as picking a phrase (even just two or three words) that mean something to you. Some like “this too shall pass”, “I am a rock”, “I am ok, I will get through this”. The next time you’re in a situation that someone is being unkind to you, or you’re stressed and upset, consider repeating a phrase to yourself. Also, consider if you need to be in that space at that time. Can you walk away from people that are being unkind? Can you tell them you don’t like what they are saying? It’s ok to speak up for yourself, but lots of us have a hard time doing this. It takes practice, but it’s OK for you to stand up for yourself!
- Have you ever considered talking to a therapist or a counselor about all the stress in your life? Having someone like a therapist to talk to can give you a space to let it all out, and a person you can trust that can hear it and handle it. They are there to help you. Try talking to your guidance counselor to figure out how this could work.
- Doing things that make you feel happy is a great start to improving the way you feel about yourself overall. It can also help you connect to others who may have similar interests. Are there any groups or activities you enjoy participating in? And if you aren’t quite ready for that yet, what are some little things that make you smile? It can be something as small as a favorite song or scent.