I hate myself. I hate that I overthink everything. I hate the way I cry over little things. I hate that I can’t be happy. I hate that I push everyone away. And most of all I hate that ruined the one relationship that meant the most to me. I carry this pain with me daily and I don’t know how to let it go. It’s like the pain has been here so long I almost don’t know how to be happy anymore. I just want it all to stop.
- It must be so hard fighting these feelings all of the time. Thank you for reaching out to us to try and help you with this.
- Have you tried talking to a parent/ guardian or another trusted adult about your feelings? It can be so overwhelming to feel like you’re going through this alone, which is why it’s so important to know- you are NOT alone. Having someone you trust by your side to support you can be a huge help when you’re going through so much.
- Have you thought about talking to a professional? It could be a counselor at school, a counselor in your church, a therapist- someone who is trained to help you through situations such as these and can guide you on a safe path.
- If you begin feeling so overwhelmed that you feel unsafe, please use the link below to reach out to someone for immediate help. You can also call emergency services in your area.
Support to all individuals in crisis
Text “HELLO” to 741741
National Suicide Hotline
Helps individuals in suicidal crisis with support
- Have you looked through the resources on our website? Some of them may be helpful for you. In our “What’s New” tab we have many different blogs, including ones about different coping skills, and you may even want to read some of the other stories that have concerns similar to your own. It may help to read others’ stories to really recognize that you aren’t alone in what you’re going through.
- In our “Tools” tab, we have have resources that include various coping skills you could utilize, positive affirmations, helping you identify a support system, etc. These may help guide you during this time and identify people and places that can help you.
- If you don’t already, have you thought about keeping a journal? Journals are a great way to get things out in the open without worrying about others’ reactions.
- Be proud of the fact that with all of the negative feelings you’re having right now, you had the courage to reach out for help. That is the most important thing- you are important and you deserve to be safe and feel better.