All my life I felt that I was a male. It wasn’t just like a tomboy. It was all like I was a boy trapped in girl’s body. I don’t know what to do and I can’t tell anyone because in my family that’s wrong. I don’t know what to do!
- Though it can be difficult to come out to your family it is also defeating to be something you are not. Being true to yourself is the most important thing you can do for yourself.
- Maybe you can talk with another trusted adult and/or friend to help you figure out the best way to come out to your family when you are ready. Come up with possible scenarios and what you can do to make this a positive and loving situation.
- Maybe you can look within your community for support groups of other Transgender people to see if they can be supportive for you while you are going through this transition from female to male.
- This is also a great time to be extra kind and gentle with yourself as you come more into who you are. You are your best cheerleader. Take care of yourself.
- There are also many resources on Teencentral.com and online that can provide you the support you need as you go through the transgender journey.
- What would happen if you talked with a trusted adult and/or friend about possible scenarios for coming out to your family?
- Where can you look for support groups for Transgender people within your community?
- What are some things that you can do right now to take care of yourself?
- What do you think you can find on Teencentral.com and online about providing support of your journey?