I’m gay need help
- Welcome to Teen Central! You’ve taken an important first step in feeling better – asking for help!
- There are many resources on Teen Central that can help you – check out LEARN for information about sexuality that you may find helpful, and TOOLS for things you can use from Positive Self Talk, The Gender Unicorn, a Support Plan and MORE!
- NEED HELP IMMEDIATELY? If so, there are many places you can use to talk to someone right away. Check out the HELP section. There you will find hotline numbers for talking to someone on the phone or via text. Put them in your phone or write them down somewhere easy to find if you ever need them.
- Realizing the person we are becoming has a LOT of pieces to it – sexual orientation and gender identity are only two pieces that make up wonderful you! There is support and help out there. Consider identifying one or two safe people that you could bring into your close circle and share this information. What would you say to them? How can they support or help you?
- What kind of help do you need? There are lots of ways that people can help each other – and what works for one person doesn’t necessarily work for another. Try writing to help you sort out your thoughts, or art to express yourself.
- In the midst of all of this, please take steps to take care of yourself – get outside for some fresh air, do things that help you find a peaceful moment or feel happy. How do you think you’d feel if you committed to doing something to take care of yourself everyday, even just for 15 minutes? Give it a try!