Losing a Friend
Hey, I’m sad and looking for some help. My best friend moved away. We were just starting our freshman year of high school when she left. It has been two months and I am still so depressed. I miss her every day and sometimes in school I even go into the bathroom and cry. I just feel like I have no one to talk to. I’m so lonely. Can you please tell me what to do?
- Having a best friend move away can make you feel like you are alone, especially as you are making a big transition into high school. You are strong for continuing to go to school and asking for help.
- Speaking with your school guidance counselor or a teacher you trust may help provide support to you.
- Depression is hard to go through alone. Consider talking with a parent or adult you trust to tell them how you are feeling.
- You might find it helpful to click on the Daily Positive Reminder Resource under Tools.
- What are some ways you could comfort or distract yourself when you feel like going to the bathroom to cry?
- How do you think talking to a guidance counselor, teacher, or parent would help to change things?
- What are some ways in which you could try to make new friends at school?