Hey, I’m sad and looking for some help. My best friend moved away. We were just starting our freshman year of high school when she left. It has been two months and I am still so depressed. I miss her every day and sometimes in school I even go into the bathroom and cry. I just feel like I have no one to talk to. I’m so lonely. Can you please tell me what to do?
- Having a best friend move away can make you feel like you are alone, especially as you are making a big transition into high school. You are strong for continuing to go to school and asking for help.
- Speaking with your school guidance counselor or a teacher you trust may help provide support to you.
- Depression is hard to go through alone. Consider talking with a parent or adult you trust to tell them how you are feeling.
- You might find it helpful to click on the Daily Positive Reminder Resource under Tools.
- What are some ways you could comfort or distract yourself when you feel like going to the bathroom to cry?
- How do you think talking to a guidance counselor, teacher, or parent would help to change things?
- What are some ways in which you could try to make new friends at school?