My boyfriend and I have been together for a year and 2 months. We haven’t had sex. I am a 19 going on 20 year old virgin. Last night I really thought it was going to happen but it didn’t. He can’t seem to go through with it and it’s starting to disappoint me. He is 21 and he isn’t a virgin, but he can’t see to have sex with me. I love him so much but this is so hard. I feel like this will continue to be a huge obstacle within our relationship. What should I do? Is it really a big deal? And what could be wrong with him?
- Relationships can be great, but they can also be a source of a lot of stress and confusion! Rest assured that there are others close to your age that can relate to your situation.
- Consider talking to a close friend or trusted adult about this. It seems there may be issues that do not have any thing to do with you .
- Sometimes comparing past relationships to a current relationship can result in disappointment. All relationships are different and unique. It could be that something happened after he became intimate with a partner in the past that causes him to not push for a sexual relationship.
- It’s important that you have a heart-to-heart with your boyfriend. Lay it all out there and be honest. You might be surprised by what he has to say.
- How would you feel if you talked to a friend about your situation?
- How would you feel and how could your relationship improve if you talked to your boyfriend about how him not having sex with you makes you feel?
- Other than the sexual issue, what other signs have you seen that would make you think that your boyfriend may not feel as strongly for you as you do for him?