My boyfriend broke up with me over the phone a while ago and I can’t stop thinking about him. He said that it will be a easy for me to find someone else but I don’t believe him. When he broke up with me I started crying and the day was going so great. He was my first boyfriend and our relationship lasted a term. I just don’t know what to do and I talked to my friends about it but I don’t think that they know the answer since I’m the only one that has had a boyfriend. I really need some help
- Thank you for reaching out for help during this difficult time. We’re glad that you felt that Teen Central may be able to be a support for you.
- Navigating the loss or even the change of important relationships in our lives is very difficult. This is especially true for working through the loss of people who were the first to experience a particular journey with us. It is very natural to experience many different conflicting feelings after experiencing a loss, and that may last for a period of time. However, have you thought about who to talk to if your feelings become overwhelming and begin to affect your wellbeing or other relationships in your life? Is there a trusted adult you can reach out to as a support if that should happen?
- It’s wonderful that you have friends you have felt comfortable talking to about your feelings and concerns as friends can be a tremendous support. An important aspect that you already recognized is that you also may want to talk to someone who has been through this experience already, and can help you with the feelings that they themselves have worked through.
- Teen Central has several topics on its “Tools” tab that may be useful in helping to center your thoughts and focus on moving forward, including yoga journaling, yoga poses for relaxation and contemplation, and a dreamcatcher topic for creating goals for yourself. Check out those things, as they might be helpful.
- An important thing to remember is that a relationship takes two people. If the other person isn’t going to work through the relationship with you, as difficult as it may be to accept and through no one’s fault necessarily, it can’t succeed. However, every experience has something to teach us about ourselves. Have you thought about journaling during this time? With this, you can not only explore new aspects of yourself, but later you can go back and see how far you’ve come as you continue to move forward. Try it!