Every day if my dog pees on the floor or poops, he will hit him. For every small thing he hits him which makes me lose my temper and patience. He hits him every time so that my dog is scared of him. I used to love my dad but after he started hitting my dog, I hate him. I hate seeing his face. I am an animal lover and I cannot take even movies that have animal abuse in them. Please help me out.
- Being forced to watch someone harm an innocent creature can make you feel worried and sad. You are strong for having empathy towards animals and making an honest effort to protect your dog.
- If you need someone to talk to, you can head to the Teen Central website and click the Help tab to call a hotline or text line. You may also speak to a trusted therapist, school counselor or religious leader.
- Abusing animals is wrong no matter what. You can do your own research on whether this is against the law in your state or not. No matter which way you look at it, no one has the right to harm an innocent dog.
- Talk to a trusted adult who can help you with the situation. Try asking for support to help intervene with your Dad, but make sure you don’t do this alone. Get adult support to help keep both your dog and you safe. You have the right to call 911 if you become fearful for your well-being or your own life.
- Knowledge is power. You can learn about animal welfare laws in your state so you can protect your pet as much as you can by doing research on the subject.
- You can find ways to protect your dog as much as you can. For example, you can keep your dog with you at all times for his protection, and stay away from your dad as often as possible. Consider taking your dog for a walk down the street, to the park or just in your room with the door locked. You can ask someone you trust, like a relative or good friend, to keep your dog at their house if things are that bad. Keeping your dog healthy and walked may help keep your dog quite and improve his behavior while at home, also helping the protect your dog. This should help your dog with peeing and pooping in the house too.
- Instead of becoming negative about the situation, you can take a stand against animal abuse by volunteering. Opportunities include writing articles for an animal shelter or signing petitions against animal abusers among others. Find volunteer opportunities online or in your area by visiting websites like Volunteermatch.
- Spirituality can help you have peace of mind. You can be more spiritual with prayer, meditation or yoga. Besides this, consider attending church services.
- You can be positive by repeating positive affirmations to yourself. Read inspiring quotes and write down a few things you’re grateful for in a daily journal. Stay hopeful by always having something to look forward to.
- You can try using your imagination to get away from reality by doing creative activities like drawing, creative writing, painting, listening to music or playing a musical instrument among other things. Besides this, creativity can help you express your feelings in a healthy way.
- Your dog is incapable of defending himself against an abuser. He’s your pet and you have the responsibility to protect him.
- In what ways can helping animals make you a better person?
- Can you come up with other creative ideas on how to protect your dog from your dad?
- How can having a positive mindset and being a stronger person help you deal with the situation?
- How might you feel about yourself in the future if you don’t make the right effort to protect your pet now?