I am 19 years old with anxiety, depression and mild autism. I am in culinary school and in nursing school. I was adopted at age 7 and went back into foster care again at age 16. I am struggling with self esteem and self worth. I need help healing.
- At times when you have so much going on in your life in addition to dealing with other other personal issues it can be easy for you to forget to take care of yourself. However, you have shown otherwise just by reaching out to TeenCentral for help and guidance.
- Congratulations on pursuing two different professions! Create a schedule before a new month starts that includes everything you need to get done. After you are done completing the schedule go back into it and add at least 10 minutes to your schedule where you dedicate that time for yourself. You can do anything from just sitting down and relaxing to stretching, practicing meditation or just any favorite safe activity that you have.
- Volunteering is a great way to feel engaged while helping not only yourself but others as well. Visit your local community centers or find out if your school has any volunteering opportunities you can sign up for.
- Be positive and practice daily affirmations that keep you happy and focused. Consider writing down the things you struggle with most in a journal and next to write how you can make that struggle into something positive.
- Talk to a trusted adult or look into the student health services at your school. Every school should have at least one place where you can seek other resources that are free or reduced pay and could help you locate a counselor or therapist. Either professional will be able to listen and provide helpful tools towards feeling better about everything around you including yourself.
- Remember to always surround yourself with people who make you feel comfortable and are positive influences in your life.
- What types of activities can you incorporate to a busy schedule?
- What makes you the happiest and how can you add or continue to practice those things?
- What do you currently do to manage going to school and have time for yourself?