I have been through a lot. I feel like I don’t matter and no one cares about me including my dad. I wish I could only live with my mom, but they both have have custody of me. Life is terrible. My best friend almost died. I have so many trust issues and tried running away. I also have tried to commit suicide a couple of times with a charger and strangle myself. Nothing makes me happy anymore. I always fake a smile and act happy when I am not. My stepmom hates me and my dad only ever believes her. I go to therapy but I feel like all I get is crap for it. My own brother is in a foster home so I don’t see him at all. I like my stepdad a lot better than my dad and stepmom combined. I am starting to quit in life and not care anymore. Why do I exist?? I always ask this question. I know no one Is perfect but I am the opposite of perfect. My Grammy died Christmas Eve last year. When people say there life is terrible I say no it isn’t because I been through so much and then when they ask how? Then I start crying. I wanna be happy and loved.
- Thank you for reaching out and telling more about your story. Life can be a struggle and challenging for many reasons. Though there have been struggles in your life, there are also positives – like having a good relationship with your stepdad.
- Seeking help is never something to be ashamed of. You are trying to get better and that is what matters! People make fun of things they don’t understand. I hope you are able to ignore them and stick with your therapy!
- If you ever feel the urge to harm yourself again please reach out to CHILD HELP USA 1-800-422-4453. They can assist you with what you need. Also there are many resources on Teencentral.com that can help you find the support you need as you go through this challenging time in your life. You are not alone and there are many people out there that are supportive.
- What are some things that you like to do; things that make you feel good about yourself and happy? Some ideas may be writing, exercise, yoga, meditation, going to a movie, etc.
- Have you ever written down your story in a journal? Is that something that might help sort out the feelings and details of what’s happening in your life?
- If not writing, what about art? Many people find various kinds of art extremely therapeutic as a way to express yourself – drawing, grown-up coloring pages, painting, clay work, collage, and other types of artistic expression are just a few ideas for you to consider.