Is it okay for sexual contact to occur between a 16 year old and 21 year old?
I just want advice on this. I looked online to find out some information, and just don’t know want to believe. It said one thing then something different.
I’m 16 and he is 21. We been dating over a year and we love each other and understand one another. We take things slow and are being careful about things. We want to have sex, but I don’t want us get in trouble with the law or go to jail. Should we wait a little bit longer?
- Reaching out for help is the first step to solving a problem. You are very brave for doing this.
- In the United States, it is illegal for sexual relations to occur between a 16 year old and a 21 year old, as you are considered a minor.
- Please know that this is the law. Not abiding by this law could result in legal trouble for both of you.
- What are some ways of treating this relationship as a friendship?
- How would you react if he did not agree?
- What are some activities you can participate in that involve friendships with those your own age?