- Living a sad life can make you feel alone and discouraged. You are strong for persevering through your difficult circumstances even though life has been hard on you.
- If you need someone to talk to, you can head to the Teen Central website and click the Help tab then call one of the hotlines. You may also see a trusted therapist or counselor.
- On the Teen Central website, you can learn about issues you might have by going to the Learn tab then clicking Depression or others. You can also explore the other tabs. Knowledge is power.
- Be positive. You can do this by repeating positive affirmations to yourself, writing in a daily journal, or by keeping a healthy body, mind and spirit. Watch humorous movies, read a comic book or spend time with family or friends who genuinely care about you.
- You can be spiritual by doing meditation, yoga or prayer. Or try attending church services. Go to the Teen Central website then click the Learn tab then Spirituality to learn more.
- You can try expressing yourself with creative activities like drawing, creative writing, painting, listening to music or playing a musical instrument, among others.
- Volunteering has been known to improve happiness. Some ideas to volunteer are by helping the environment, at an animal shelter or by reading to kids, among others. You can also save a helpless animal by adopting a pet from an animal shelter. Pets can be great fun and provide unconditional love.
- Stay hopeful to keep yourself from spiraling out of control. You can read inspiring quotes on a regular basis or books about people who’ve overcome hardships. Some people who’ve risen above hard times include activists, celebrities, artists and scientists.
- Be yourself and smile more often. By committing to positivity, you’re more likely to be able to see a bright side to life again.
- In what ways could committing to a positive mindset improve your life?
- Can you think up other ideas to make you feel happier?
- In what ways could a positive mindset help you live a happier, more successful life in the future?