The Worst Breakup
I had the worst breakup of my life.
- Experiencing a bad breakup can be extremely challenging. It is often hard to process all of the emotions and feelings which may appear. You might experience feelings of sadness, anger, regret, shock, or denial. No matter what emotions you are dealing with you should know that you are experiencing a perfectly natural reaction to a stressful time in your life.
- Confiding in a trusted person about the situation might help you to process some of your emotions. This could be someone such as a parent, relative, teacher, counselor, religious leader, or even a trusted friend. Talking about your experience with someone you trust may help you to understand how you feel about it. Many people that you know have probably also gone through a hard breakup and they should be able to relate to your feelings. They may also be able to share valuable advice with you about how they coped with the breakup and moved past it.
- If you don’t feel comfortable discussing your feelings with someone you might also try writing in a journal as a way to bring clarity to your situation. Sometimes the act of writing about a situation can help you make sense of it and can help you to understand your thoughts and emotions. There are many other activities which can also help boost your mood or bring you a feeling of calmness. Yoga and meditation are very beneficial to your mental and emotional wellness and hobbies such as listening to music, drawing, painting, solving puzzles, or reading can help you to relax. Physical activities such as walking, running, biking, swimming, or playing sports release “feel good” endorphins which help you feel more positive and energetic. Even something as simple as doing a fun activity with some friends or family can help you to remember all the positive things in your life when you feel overwhelmed by a bad breakup.
- No matter what happens, remember that you are an amazing and unique individual with a wonderful life ahead of you. You are not alone and there are many people who want to help you. If you ever have any questions or need help TeenCentral.com is available 24 hours a day. Feel free to write another anonymous story anytime you feel overwhelmed or in need of advice. Don’t forget that you are a strong and resilient person. You are going through a stressful time in your life right now but you will move through it soon. Stay strong and take care!
- How might you feel if you discussed your experience and feelings with a trusted person?
- If you wrote a letter to the person involved in your breakup what might you say to them?
- What are the five emotions which you have experienced the most since the breakup?
- If your future self could give you advice about relationships what do you think they would say?
- What are three enjoyable activities that might help you relax when you are feeling upset?
- How do you see yourself in five years from now? What about in ten years time?
- What are your three biggest goals for your future?
- What do you think is the most important quality in a relationship?
- If you described your ideal relationship what words would you use?
- What are your three best personal qualities?
- What would other people describe as your best strengths and qualities?