Alone and Empty
I’m always alone. Every once in awhile I go through times where I just sit alone and cry. Everything comes out. I think about all the bad things that go on and I don’t really have anyone to go to. My parents wouldn’t take me seriously. I don’t know if I need professional help since it does not happen. I just fall into this deep emptiness where I cry and get angry at everyone around me. It can last for a few minutes to a couple of hours. It’s scary and I never know what it is. I don’t know if I’m depressed because it happens rarely and it comes at random times. What do I do? I can’t go to my school counselor because they’ll tell my parents. So, I suffer through it alone and it’s getting hard.
- Feeling alone and not having one person you can confide in and ask for help can make things harder for yourself. Just know that you are strong for pushing through every time.
- Try targeting what makes you feel alone in the first place and replace those with positive activities or people that bring happiness out of you. For example, join school clubs that grab your attention, try out for a sports team at your school, etc.
- You mentioned you have a hard time speaking to your parents about anything, let alone a counselor because you would not want them to tell your parents. It is important to know that school counselors keep conversations with students confidential unless there is an alarming factor behind it that could affect you. Consider speaking to one of your teachers, or visiting the Help tab on the TeenCentral website that has a list of hotlines you can reach out to and are available to you 24/7.
- Staying away from negative energy that brings you back to feeling empty will allow a flow of positive energy into your life. Stay strong and true to yourself. Put yourself first at all times.
- What have you confided in your parents before that they would not help you with now?
- What are some activities you enjoy doing that you can start incorporating into your everyday routine?
- What makes you feel empty and alone and how can you replace those feelings?
- How would you advise a close friend that came to you with this situation?