I’m sad and I don’t know what to do with myself. I’m just sad and nothing stops it. Nothing makes me feel better and I’m so tired.
- Being too sad all the time can make you feel confused and alone. You are strong for making an honest effort to figure out what’s wrong with you and getting help even though enduring extreme emotions is difficult.
- If you need someone to talk to, you can visit the Teen Central website and click the Help tab to call one of the hotlines or use a text line. You may also speak to a trusted therapist, school counselor or religious leader. You can read about Depression, Bullying and other issues that might affect you by clicking the Learn tab. The Tools tab has many downloadable resources to help you such as Mood Tracker, Positive Reminder, Positive Talk, 8 Signs of Healthy Relationships and 8 Signs of Unhealthy Relationships among others. Click on the Stories tab to read stories submitted by other teens.
- Extreme sadness might also be called depression. Knowledge is power. You can educate yourself about the symptoms of depression to understand it better and do something about it.
- You can be more positive by repeating positive affirmations to yourself when you begin to feel negative. Read inspirational quotes. Be yourself by expressing your true feelings. Do the hobbies and activities you usually enjoy doing. Spend time with friends and family who genuinely care about you. Write down a few things you’re grateful for in a daily journal.
- You can express your feelings in a healthy way by doing creative activities like drawing, coloring in a coloring book, creative writing, learning to play a musical instrument or by listening to music among others.
- Volunteering has many health benefits and can help you feel more positive. Help those in need by reading to children, helping animals or the environment, or something else you’re interested in. Volunteer online or in your area. You can find opportunities by going to websites like Volunteermatch. Caring for pets can make you happier by giving them the unconditional love they need. Foster or adopt an animal from a pet shelter if you’d like to save a life.
- Focusing on something else such as school homework, joining a club or sport, or other activities could help you forget about your intense sadness.
- You can try loving yourself more by practicing self-care. This includes things like getting enough sleep, eating healthy, exercising regularly, spending time in nature and others.
- Spirituality can make a persons life more meaningful among other things. You can try prayer, meditation or yoga to focus better, calm your spirit and gain peace of mind. You may also try attending church services.
- Can you list a few famous people in history who’ve endured hard times and became stronger because of them?
- In what ways can having a positive mindset make your life easier now and help you have a the successful future you deserve?
- In what ways can spending time with positive people who genuinely care about you as a person improve your life?