Hi! So, here I am again! I haven’t posted here in a while, but I have something on my mind! Well, first off, I think my teacher has a crush on me, and it’s really making me uncomfortable. The weirdest thing is I kind of like the attention he’s giving me, and I think I may even like him. Its terrible I know. The thing is, I think he likes me because he just looks at me different, and I can feel that it may be different. Like, today he touched my books without asking, and started flipping through the pages, and I was like, “Hey!” and then he took my computer that I was working on and started doing my work. I told my other teacher (we were in a club together and they’re the advisors) That he was taking my stuff! I think I have a friend relationship with my teachers, but we are definitely NOT friend friends!!! This is so weird and it makes me uncomfortable. The thing is I’ve kind of played into it, since I think I like the teacher!!
I feel like I’m a failure. On top of that I wanted to do so many activities this year, and I ended up quitting or dropping out since my grades were bad because of a performance I was in that I missed so much school, and then I was getting really distracted! The thing is, I WANT to succeed! I WANT to LIVE THE LIFE OF MY DREAMS!!! It’s just this part of me that makes me do what I DON’T want to do!!! I also feel like I’m such a loser at school, and most of my friends are pretty weird, and I just wish I was popular and well-liked, and a lot of people know me, it’s just I know people think I’m a flake and can’t stay in things/activities/sports/classes for a very long time without quitting!!! It’s just, I wish people realized what I’m going through, and they shouldn’t be hating on someone who wants to figure out what they love!!
ALSO I feel like I have to make so many decisions now that will affect my future! Even if it’s things like sports, WHAT DO I DO??? Its pretty hard for me to make decisions!! I WISH I WAS PERFECT AGAIN!!!
Thanks Teen Central!
WHERE TO GO FROM HERE:
- Welcome back and thanks for continuing to trust the TeenCentral Community with your story. It sounds like you have a lot going on that could definitely be tricky to cope with. But you aren’t alone in navigating this. Please take some time to read over other writers’ stories that have the same themes as yours. It won’t solve your problem per se, but it will show you that you are not isolated.
- It’s not uncommon for someone your age to have feelings for an older adult. It could be that you see characteristics in this person that you would like to have in a partner. It’s a good idea to take note of those characteristics and file it away in your mind for the future as you are looking for partners along the way. However, it’s not okay to engage in a romantic relationship with an adult at your age. This teacher has more power over you then you really understand. One minute he could be your friend or even a romantic partner, but then the next minute he switches back into being your teacher and in control of you. It’s not fair to you. You don’t have an even footing in the relationship. That’s why there are laws and ethics boards that prevent teachers from having relationships with students. If you feel uncomfortable around this teacher then it’s probably a warning in your mind that something just isn’t quite right. It’s time to speak up to a guidance counselor, another trusted teacher, maybe a coach – you get the idea.
- If you ever feel helpless and need to talk right away – Text “HOME” to 741741 or dial 988. There is always hope.
- We love that you feel comfortable sharing your story with us. Talking with others is a super important source of support. Who are the positive adults in your own life that you feel comfortable talking to about these things? Do you feel comfortable talking to your parents about this? It’s a good idea to get their perspectives as they know you and can have a back-and-forth conversation with you about these topics – especially things that are unsafe or make you uncomfortable.
COPING WITH STRESS IN YOUR LIFE:
- As you are working through making these tough decisions, please remember to be gentle on yourself – nobody has, or ever will be perfect. And that is okay as it leaves us all room to grow. But you can help yourself make these difficult decisions a little easier by organizing your thoughts. You could try journaling about each of these topics. Ask yourself questions like; What are my options? What is the hardest part of this situation? And who can I ask for help from? There’s also a Tool resource for making hard decisions right HERE.
- We strongly suggest that you take a look at some of our what’s new blogs that provide different ideas about how to deal with stress in your everyday life:
- When people have a lot going on, it’s easy to feel like the world is falling apart and you are failing at life. Take a breath. But more importantly, during these moments, make sure you are using your coping skills to help you work through the rough moments. You should have a list of 3 coping skills you can use anytime, anywhere, so you always have something to use to help yourself.
- Another good way to help yourself is to start by setting small achievable goals every day. If you aren’t sure where to start, then think about what your big goals and dreams are, and the little steps needed to get those things. Make a list and start checking them off as your go. But just know that you can do this!