I don’t feel alive. I feel so useless, I just aimlessly walk through life. I don’t have any motivation and don’t see the point in anything anymore. I harm more now than ever, I’m addicted to nicotine and weed, its the only things that can get me through an entire day. I was a straight A student and now I’m failing almost all my core classes. I’m there for everyone else in life but nobody is there for me. Everybody has me by their side but nobody is by mine. I just don’t see the point anymore and am considering suicide
- If you are considering Suicide, you need to get help immediately! Don’t wait call now! National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: You can also contact them by dialing 988 which is now the national suicide hotline number You can also use the Crisis Text Line: Text “HELLO” to 741741. Please don’t hesitate to seek help!
- Is there a trusted adult that you can talk to while seeking help? A teacher, counselor, parent, or close relative? Allow someone to be there for you in your time of need. You deserve it and will be surprised how much people want to help.
- You have a lot going on, what your describing could be depression and help is available and you can feel better. You need to find what will work for you to help alleviate some of the anxiety and desperation you’re feeling with these strong emotions. We have some great information in our learning section on depression. I have linked it here for you.
- It may seem like people aren’t at your side, but you may be surprised. Depression and anxiety can mess with our thinking and once we start having those negative thoughts they can spiral out of control. It may help to distract yourself from those thoughts. You may feel that weed is helping to distract the thoughts, but studies show that it can actually increase negative thought patterns in a people.
- You will get better!!!! There is a lot of treatment for what you are going through. Make the first step by calling for help now.
- While you’re getting help, try to help yourself with some of the symptoms/feelings you are having. Make yourself commit to taking a brisk walk outside get your heartbeat up. It may be temporary but believe it or not, this will help to alleviate some of pain you’re feeling.
- Breath, Breath, Breath. Take a huge inhale through your nose until you can’t inhale anymore air. Hold that breath for 2 seconds and then release the air until your lungs have no more air in them. Do this 3-5 times and do it often throughout the day.
- Journal, get help first, but start to write your feelings in a daily journal. Journaling is very therapeutic and will help you to get your thoughts together. This may also help you notice some things that are “cognitive traps” those things that we find saying to ourselves that make us feel even worse that we need to feel.
BE AS STRONG AS YOU CAN BE AT THIS TIME!!! Make the call for help or go to your local ER. Talk to a teacher but don’t hesitate. You have a journey to healing ahead of you, but you will heal with professional help. You are stronger than you think you are!!!!!