i feel like i never been a part of my family what should I do i used coping skills
- Life can get us down from time to time and we can feel low. You are not alone in feeling this way. It can be really challenging and difficult to share your emotions and feelings. Thank you for trusting TeenCentral and for sharing your story with us.
- Check out the TeenCentral site for valuable information. Look under the LEARN tab and you will find a page called “Anxiety” that has a helpful coping skill section. Coping skills are not always the magic answer and some work better than others. Continue to develop your personal coping skills.
- Do you have someone that you trust that you can talk to. Maybe a close friend, a teacher or a coach. Holding your feelings in can be harmful as they will continue to build and build. When we release our thoughts and feelings it can help us make sense of things and feel better.
- Have you ever journaled about your feelings? What makes you like you are not part of your family? What would you like your relationship to look like? Try writing these feelings down and it could open to door for a face to face discussion with your family. What is the harm in having a discussion with your family? How could having a discussion with your family help improve your relationship?
- Have you tried to be active or engage with your family. Try making a family dinner. Or maybe hold a game night or scavenger hunt. With the weather getting nicer, go for a family walk. Sometimes doing activities together allow for the lines of communication with others to open.