I need help to stop cutting. I have been doing this for a few years now and my legs and one arm are covered. I have depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts/ actions. I’m not on any meds at the moment. I was almost a year clean until I started again. The hardest part for me is to deal with death in the family and anxiety attacks and other stuff like that. I’m in therapy but it isn’t helping much. I just need someone to talk to and to try to help me out.
- Self-harm can make you feel extremely unhappy and alone. You are strong for persevering and smart for making an honest effort to help yourself.
- Suicide is a serious issue. Head to the Teen Central website and call one of the hotlines to talk to someone.
- Learn self-love to understand how important your life is. Take care of yourself by eating healthy, exercising and just being yourself.
- You can try to find a trusted adult to talk to about your issues.
- Knowledge is power. On the Teen Central website click the Learn tab and click on your issues to know more about them.
- Many people turn to spirituality to carry them through hard times. Head to the Teen Central website and click the Learn tab then Spirituality to learn more. Some spiritual activities are meditation, yoga, prayer and attending church. Also, try one of these activities to calm your anxiety.
- You can try volunteering to gain meaning and purpose in your life. Some places to consider volunteering are libraries, museums or animal shelters. You might also meet real likeminded friends.
- Find ways to express yourself in positive ways if you have no one to express your feelings to. Try being creative by drawing, playing a musical instrument or painting. Color in a coloring book for a simple, fun past time.
- A few ways to help cure depression are to be positive, be grateful for your life and try something new. Be more grateful and positive by writing in a gratitude journal daily. Go see a new movie or buy yourself a gift.
- Can you think of some reasons why your life matters? How would suicide impact the lives of those you love?
- In what ways do you think becoming more positive could change your life for the better?
- How could it help you to envision a positive future if you turn your life around?
- Why not call the Child Help hotline at 1-800-422-4453?