I got punched in the nose by my mom today and I really hate her a lot. we have been getting along less as the years go by and she acts like a child. I’m not gonna say everything that she did that really effected me but imma [I’m going to] say that I really hate it here and I fantasize about killing myself, mostly od’ing or drowning, occasionally jumping off a building. Oh yeah and she acts like my depression and anxiety is a joke. I really fucking hate it here.
- I can tell that the pain of your situation is worsening and I’m so glad you are sharing this with TeenCentral in order to reach out for help. Your thoughts of wanting to end your life are important. We take you very seriously. Depression and anxiety certainly are no joke at all. The National Institute of Mental Health quoting the most recent statistics on major depression say that in 2017 an estimated 2.3 million adolescents aged 12 to 17 in the United States had at least one major depressive episode with severe impairment. Depression is linked to suicide, and so should be considered a very serious concern. Your life is important. We want you to be here.
- Please contact the CRISIS TEXT LINE that is listed on the Help tab of our website 741741. Just text “hello” to that number and start a conversation. They will give you an immediate response anytime you are feeling actively suicidal. If you don’t have a phone or if for some reason it’s been taken away you can access this same resource on a computer by going to this website: http://www.crisistextline.org/.
- Just as a reminder, sometimes talking face to face to someone you trust can be helpful as well. Is there anyone you trust? An older sibling? An aunt or uncle? A teacher or guidance counselor – even if you have to talk remotely? It’s just an idea. Something to think about.
- What are you doing for your personal wellness right now? First of all, are you sleeping? This is crucial to your overall health. If you are very depressed and anxious my guess is you may not be sleeping well. There is some good information on sleep wellness in one of our “What’s New” blogs HERE if you’d like to check it out.
- Most people who feel depressed have a hard time thinking about life in any kind of positive way. You’re dealing with some really difficult things, but there still may be some positives about other parts of your life that could uplift your thinking. Perhaps using the Positive Self Talk Tool could help with this.
- The title of your story today is “I really don’t know how to live anymore”. I’d like to suggest that the only way any of us lives no matter what is going on in our lives, is one foot in front of the other, day by day, moment by moment. We don’t know what is around the corner (HINT: it could be something good that we would miss if we weren’t here). I encourage you to keep coming back, keep fighting. You are strong. You can do it.