Title: I sometimes feel like killing myself
Sometimes, when I feel bad, I want to end it all. Especially now, because I feel like I’ve ruined my future. I keep thinking that I don’t have a future. Like, climate change is going to kill us all, and I feel like the little chance of a future I do have, I’ve ruined it. I engage in things I’m not supposed to because I feel that if I don’t, I’ll cut myself or worse. I haven’t really felt suicidal in months but lately these feeling are coming up again. I don’t even know if I want a future. I’m so scared that I’ve ruined my life. What do I do? I need help, but I don’t know where or how to get it.
THINGS YOU CAN DO RIGHT NOW
- First TeenCentral thanks you for having the courage to post and talk about how your feeling in this difficult time. Reaching out for help can be the hardest part for people and we think it’s important to encourage individuals who are struggling to reach out in some way.
- If you are ever feeling unsafe, or you feel so sad that you have no one you can turn to please reach out to the Suicide Prevention Lifeline. They are available 24 hours a day and can contact them by calling, texting or at their website.
- Call: 1-800-273-8255
- Text “Hello” to 741-741
- Is there someone that you can approach in person to talk about these feelings your having? Most people find it beneficial to talk to someone in person and maybe get some advice, insight, or more information about your struggles your currently experiencing. People you could turn to include a family member, a teacher, guidance counselor, coach, or religious leader.
- It seems as though anxiety might be a point of interest that you might want to look further into and get some insight on how to manage stress and anxiety. On TeenCentral we have a Learn Tab that has a section about Anxiety, click here to view the page! On this page you can learn more about types of anxiety, signs and symptoms, triggers, warning indicators, and coping skills that might be able to help you when feeling anxious.
- Another way for someone to channel their energy into something more positive and uplifting would be a Journal Prompt. If you search “Journal Prompt” under the search bar, or click here, there are some therapeutic prompts that could help you when you’re feeling stressed. Journals are a great way for the brain to slow down how it is feeling and process through the information that is going on.
- The most important thing to remember is that your safety is important, and taking the steps and talking to someone if that be a person or a hotline is the best way to get yourself to the resources that you need. Remember that we don’t have control over the future, but we have control of the right now and that a really important place to be.