I’m going to kill myself. not a question or a thought. i am doing it. i wish i didn’t feel this way though
HERE’S WHAT TO DO FIRST:
- STAY with us! There is HOPE and HELP here. Your safety is our #1 concern so please immediately call or text 988 for help right now. It’s so good that you know you don’t want to feel like this – that’s a huge first step you’ve already taken. Keep going!
- You are not alone in this. There’s a bunch of support here and elsewhere for you including so many resources listed under our help tab. Many of these text/hotlines are available 24/7 and want to support you – reach out!
- Call 911 and have help arrive at your home in minutes!
- Call 988 to talk to someone on the Suicide Prevention Hotline!
- Text HELLO to 741741 and start a conversation!
- If you are not comfortable reaching out to a text/hotline – we want you to immediately reach out to a trusted friend, family member, or other source of support.
THINGS TO DO LATER:
- TALK TO SOMEONE in your life that is positive and trusted. These connections can help us feel like we aren’t dealing with tough times alone.
- When you are feeling up to it, gaining an understanding of why you are feeling this way can definitely help you. We encourage you to try and figure out the root of these feelings. It could be events in the past or present – if so, you could make a list to try and identify things. Journaling is also beneficial to help express or organize any thoughts or feelings you may have.
- Finding coping skills and safe outlets for your emotions when you feel this way is extremely important. What are some safe things you can do to help when you are feeling like this? Talking to someone, journaling, exercising, cleaning, and listening to music can all be helpful tools in lowering the intensity of your emotions to help you get through that moment. What are some things you can do to help get you through tough moments? Make a list and keep it with you! You can do this!