I’m a sixteen year old girl and I have a huge crush on one of my male cousins (who’s the same age as me by the way). He has a crush on me as well. I know this because we recently admitted our feelings to one another. Now we’re both really confused because we’re not sure if it’s right for us to date, and we’re also worried about how our family will react if we do.
- Being unsure if you’re right or wrong to have a crush on your cousin can make you feel uncomfortable and worried. You are smart for questioning how it is to feel this way and for caring about how your family might feel about the situation.
- If you need someone to talk to, you can head to the Teen Central website and click the Help tab to use a hotline or textline. Try clicking the Learn tab to read more about topics such as Spirituality, Depression, Sexuality, Relationships, Suicide and Wellness among others. Download useful resources for positivity, better relationships, self-improvement and more by clicking the Tools tab. Besides this, consider speaking to a trusted therapist, school counselor or religious leader about your problems.
- Volunteering can help you understand the value of living a meaningful life because you’ll be improving the lives of others. You can use your skills or talents to contribute to positive change by volunteering at a local pet shelter, serving food to homeless people, reading books to children at a library, or training to become a counselor among other things. Find opportunities online or in your area by visiting websites like Volunteermatch.org.
- Creativity can help you express your feelings in a healthy way. Drawing, painting, coloring in a coloring book, listening to music or playing a musical instrument are a few creative activities to try.
- For what reasons is it important for people to have real families who spend quality time with each other?
- What does real love mean to you? (You can write down your thoughts if you’d like.)
- If you had a friend in a similar situation, what would you say to them?