I’m a 16-year-old girl and I’m really attracted to this boy I know who just turned 13. Is it normal to be attracted to someone so much younger? I admit I’m scared that this makes me some kind of pervert or something.
- Thank you for sharing your story with TeenCentral. It sounds like you are having a hard time right now, sharing your story took strength and we hope this helps link you with appropriate resources as you navigate your current situation.
- While three years might not seem like a big age difference, the difference between a 13-year-old and a 16-year-old can be quite vast. In some states engaging in a relationship of this type could have serious social, moral, or even legal consequences. During the formative years of our growth, a few years can be like night and day when considering development, cognition, language, and socialization.
- If you feel that you need to talk to someone about your feelings try looking at this resource where you can even connect with a live person: Netflix Resources | Find Information, Resources, and Support | Self-Harm & Suicide (wannatalkaboutit.com)
- Consider surrounding yourself with peers your own age. While you are with your peers, try focusing on something other than dating. Simply enjoy your time together engaging in age-appropriate behaviors such as playing basketball, going for a jog, getting a job, helping others, or playing board games or card.
- If you are interested in learning more about relationships, dating, depression, or anxiety we encourage you to take a look at our LEARN tab so you can peruse these titles.