Laughed at for Dyeing Hair
I got laughed at because i dyed the ends of my hair purple.
- When people make fun of you for something about your appearance, it can be really hurtful. In this case, you just decided to do something distinct with your hair and now find yourself being called names. Dealing with this type of bulling can be difficult. Please try to remember that you are a great person, who has the creativity and guts to try something a little different. Just because people response has been hurtful, please don’t let it keep you from trying a new look in the future.
- Think of what you can say to people who tease you and make you feel uncomfortable, so that the next time it happens, you will have a way to handle it. Some people find that ignoring it helps, others find that walking away is effective. For some people, telling people that you don’t like being called names can help. You need to figure out what works best for you in your situation. If the problem continues or gets worse, consider talking to an adult, either a parent or an adult at school that you trust. They may be able to give you some advice on how to handle the situation.
- You may want to go to Teencentral.net to check out other teen’s stories to see whether anyone else has had to deal with a similar situation and to look at how they handled it.
- If you wrote a list of what you could say or actions your could take the next time someone makes fun of your hair, what would be on that list?
- What do you like about yourself?
- If you had a friend with a similar problem, what would you advise them to do?
- If you went to an adult for help or advice, what would you say to them?