Life is Hard
A Long and Hard Path
- Enduring life’s struggles can make you feel tired of it all and depressed. You are brave for going this far even though life is cruel.
- You can try being more spiritual by using techniques such as prayer, yoga or meditation to gain depth, understanding and meaning. Head to the Teen Central website and click the Learn tab then Spirituality to learn more. If you’d like, you can attend church.
- If you have issues such as depression, anxiety or suicidal thoughts, you can go to the Teen Central website and click the Learn tab to learn about these or others. If you need someone to talk to, you can go to the Help tab then call one of the hotlines.
- You can try being positive by repeating positive affirmations to yourself. Write or draw in a daily journal to express your feelings.
- Express yourself with creativity. Activities include painting, sculpting, writing or listening to music, among others.
- You can volunteer for a cause you care about to be positive. Read to children, clean up the environment or help animals. You can find plenty of charities that need your help in your community or online.
- Speak to a trusted therapist if necessary. A good professional will listen to your problems, care about your feelings as a human being and help you find a solution so you can life the life you deserve.
- In what ways can positivity change your life for the better?
- Would being a little more realistic make life easier to handle?
- How can committing to achieving healthy goals (eating healthy, getting good grades in school, learning responsibility, loving yourself, being yourself, etc.) improve your life now and in the future?