my mom beats me for me being me she hates that i have short hair she hates when people text me but she be like ” makes sum friends u pig” she takes my phone so i cant call my real dad my step dads doesnt even helps
HERE’S WHAT TO DO FIRST:
- Thank you for reaching out to Teen Central and sharing your story with us. You are not alone and your safety is vital! You are strong to reach out for help in this frightening situation.
- It is important that you remain safe both physically and emotionally. If you ever feel you are in danger, PLEASE CALL 911. If you are uncomfortable contacting the police you could also ask a friend to drive you to an emergency room to tell them what is happening, or you could follow some steps in our WHAT’S NEW blog about staying safe from abuse during the pandemic. On the TeenCentral website under the “HELP” tab, there are numbers you can call to get help, including 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453), to help kids being abused, or you can text HELLO to 741741 if making a call isn’t possible. These resources are available 24/7. Your safety is the most important thing.
- Do you have someone you trust that you can talk to? This could be a friend, neighbor, teacher, or guidance counselor. It is important to get help if you are in an unsafe situation. It is also important for you to express your feelings. Having someone who can support you could help you cope in times that are challenging.
THINGS TO DO LATER:
- In addition to reaching out and talking to someone you trust, journaling may help you express your innermost thoughts, fears, and dreams. What do you want to accomplish this week? What is the best thing happening in your life right now? What are you looking forward to? Start with these prompts and if you need more, check out our “What’s New” Tab or follow this link, https://teencentral.com/journaling-as-a-coping-skill-for-stress/
- You are likely to have many feelings building up inside. How do you release them? There are many skills and activities that may help. Yoga, music, aerobic exercise, and art are just a few examples. Pick one that interests you and try it out. The best part is if one activity doesn’t seem to help, try another. You can do this!