My mom hits me with a belt and she wont let me live with my dad.
- Thank you for reaching out to the Teen Central community!! We appreciate you taking the time to share your story and know it can be difficult to open up about personal problems and struggles.
- It’s never ok to be hurt by people we love. When you feel that you are in danger, there is help out there right away. You can contact the CHILD HELP USA HOTLINE 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453) or http://www.childhelpusa.org/.
- We are happy you took the time to share with us and get things off your chest. It’s important to be able to talk to others to help process our thoughts and feelings. Do you have any trusted adults you could talk to like a family member, teacher or friend? They may be able to help you and your mom figure out a better way to communicate.
- Have you tried to write or journal about your feelings? It’s good to have an outlet for our thoughts and emotions so they don’t build up inside. You could write to a trusted friend about how you feel or what you are going through. Take a look at the “What’s New” page on the TC website. Here you can find help some information on how to Journal to Cope with Stress.
- You also may want to take a look at “Art as a coping skill” on the What’s New Page. It will help you to find coping skills that will help you when your feeling overwhelmed or hurt.
- Try reading some of the stories from others that may relate to some of what your feeling. There may be some other suggestions that speak to you and your situation.
- When parents choose to live apart, often their relationship is strained. Sometimes parents can continue to be friends, sometimes they can’t. But it’s worth considering if you think you can have a conversation with your father regarding your feelings about living with him. If this is an option, and may help start to heal your relationship with your mother, maybe he can help you start a discussion with your mom about the feelings your having.