If I take my phone without asking I will get hit one time. When my room was not clean my mom beat me and I could feel my bones coming out my finger. I was bleeding. My sister hates her life. She tries to kill herself sometimes. I do too. I wish I was with god. Yesterday I had my phone and my mom beat me for having my phone. I wish I was white because I can’t take being hit all the time. My mom says that if I tell that we get hit she will go to jail. I don’t want her to because I’m not trying to go with other people I don’t know .
- Thank you for reaching out to Teen Central. That must have been a very difficult decision in this situation. We are always here to listen if you ever need anything.
- One of the basic rights any human being has is to feel safe. If that isn’t happening in your life, for you and your sister, there are people who can help you. This is a great start, and I know it’s scary. The first option is always to call 911. If you feel you can’t do that, there are hotlines that you can call as well. If you’re feeling unsafe, whether it’s by your own hand or someone else’s, please don’t hesitate to use one of these. The National Suicide Lifeline is available 24/7 at 1-800-273-8255 or you can text “Help” to 741741 to speak to someone immediately.
- It’s important to keep talking about what going on. A trusted adult in your life should know if you are feeling unsafe in your home. Find someone (a neighbor, a teacher, and aunt or uncle) that you can talk to about this. We want you to feel safe.
What To Do Next
- We recently posted a blog on our site entitled “Getting Help for Abuse During the Pandemic”. If you haven’t already, this may be something that can help you with ideas on how to move forward with your situation. Check it out by clicking here.
- Taking care of yourself is vital in situations like this. Would it be worth trying to reach out to someone that you trust to talk about this situation? It takes a lot of courage, but it’s worth it to feel safe. If you don’t feel comfortable talking to someone, you can always write down those thoughts and feelings about what’s going on at home. Almost like a journal, try it.