My family got a puppy German Shepperd and she just started teething so she bites a lot. Today she used the restroom in my house so my dad got MAD!!!! and hit her and now I don’t know what to do.
- Congratulations on your new family member! Let’s see if we can offer any helpful ideas with your situation.
- Have you tried to talk with your dad and let him know how his actions made you feel? It’s important to keep open communication with family members when you have a concern. It helps build trust that you’ll be able to talk to them when you need to. It also may help to try discussing what methods you are all going to use to safely and effectively discipline a puppy.
- Taking care of a new pet is a very difficult job and takes lots of consistency and patience. Have you tried sitting down with your family and discussing the process and responsibilities each of you have in training him?
- You may want to consider researching pet trainers in your area and presenting the list to your family as an idea for working with your puppy. This is one way to help with presenting a possible solution to the family.
- Keep spending lots of time playing with your puppy and showing her that she is loved!