What to do?
- Being stuck between choosing amongst multiple things and having to make a decision quickly can be difficult and often overwhelming. Know that you will make the best choice for yourself at the end of the day.
- Lay out the options you have, write them down and next to them write the coma and pros for each one. Cross off the ones that wouldn’t be a good choice for you (the options with the most cons) and soon you’ll have your first choice.
- Develop a backup plan just Incase the choice you make doesn’t end up being the best one. That will prepare you for your next move.
- Don’t think too much about the options and focus more on the long term with the outcome of the decisions that bring you confidence and happiness all around.
- Consider reaching out to an adult for advice. This could be a parent, teacher, clergy member, etc. Often times these individuals have past experience to use as a reference point.
- What are you contemplating?
- What are the steps you can take to figuring out what it is you want to do?
- What will make you the happiest about the decision you make?
- How do you feel about reaching out to a trusted adult for advice?