Hi my name is ______ i have social anxiety and a little back story about me. My mom died when i was six and so did my dad.so i have been staying with my sister. i also have NOMOPHOBIA which means NO MObile PHone PhoBIA is used to describe a psychological condition when people have a fear of being detached from mobile phone connectivity. The term NOMOPHOBIA is constructed on definitions described in the DSM-IV, it has been labelled as a “phobia for a particular/specific things”.. I am currently homeschooling due to my social anxiety and that is how i lost all my friends .
WAYS TO HELP YOURSELF
- First we would like to thank you for taking the time to write in to TeenCentral. Reaching out to someone for help can be one of the hardest things for people to do when they are struggling, so we are glad to help!
- If you’re interested in getting more information about anxiety we have a Learn tab that may be beneficial to you! Click here to learn more about anxiety and some coping skills that may help you when you’re feeling anxious.
- Have you tried reaching out to anyone in your life to help you cope with these things? Do you have a trusted teacher, guidance counselor, coach, or relative you could reach out to for support? Consider talking to someone in person, they may be able to give you a different perspective or insight!
CHECK IT OUT
- You are not alone. I encourage you to read other stories on TeenCentral.com that are tagged with categories related to anxiety. Hopefully this will remind you that many people struggle with social anxiety and it can improve over time if you work on building skills.
- Consider scrolling through our webpage to get some ideas of other coping skills or activities you could participate in to try to get your mind off of things! If you like to draw or do any type of art we have an awesome article on how Art can be used as a coping skill! Click here to read more!
- It also might be a good idea to reach out to a professional. You can find help by contacting the number on the back of your insurance card. Professionals have great ways of encouraging individuals to work with their phobia to stop some of the anxiety that can occur. This could be a great way to learn something new and how to cope without your phone.