Well, if you want to hear an interesting story then, take a seat, grab a snack and relax. There is this boy. I can’t get him off my mind. We met in sixth grade and this guy would literally make me feel like I was on cloud nine even when I was sad. He would make me laugh, talk to me, always ask me what’s wrong if I looked depressed. I have gotten attention like this before but with him it was different. I couldn’t signal him that I liked him. He would stare at me, and get jealous if another boy was talking to me. He would try helping me in any way he could. He was also insanely cute. But it all changed once seventh grade hit. I was walking to my class when I saw him. He was staring at me with his cute eyes that I would die for. It made my heart stop so I just avoided him. Now if we see each other in the hallways we avoid each other. I couldn’t take it so I texted him a joke and he responded, but that didn’t help at all because the way he texted me was the same exact way he always texted me. I miss him so much and I really hope one day we might be friends again. Probably in eight grade. I just wish I had one conversation with him. It could be a two minute conversation. That would be the best two minutes of my life.
I did want to add another story because this has been bothering me so much, so I had to talk about it. I used to be best friends with this girl named Becca. We would do everything together. I mean, if you saw me, you would see her and vice versa. But then she spread rumors about me and I just fell in this hole. I couldn’t climb up no matter how I hard I would try. I remember being in the bathroom crying and a girl told me that my teacher called me. I remember getting in. An old teacher, she instantly started yelling at me, while another teacher was nice and he helped me. I had to talk to a guidance counselor. She didn’t help whatsoever. I remember getting back to class and everyone was staring at me. I sat by myself and everyone just looked at me. I honestly hope no one ever feels all those eyes on you. This all happened in sixth grade. In seventh grade, she tried being nice to me but clearly I would never forget what she did. Then she started hanging out with my friend Nat and I think that broke me. My only friend. I loved this girl. She was amazing and now she’s friends with Becca. They played Minecraft together.
Something I want to say is not to give up hope. Never. Not now. Not today. Not next week. Never. Things will get better. I’m still here. Aren’t I?
- Experiencing a lot of problems can make you feel anxious and unhappy. You are brave for trying to face your troubles even though bad experiences may begin to bring you down.
- If you need someone to talk to, you can head to the Teen Central website and click the Help tab to use a hotline or textline. Knowledge is power. Click the Learn tab to read more about Bullying, Spirituality and more if necessary. The Tools tab has many valuable resources about positivity, relationships, yoga and others to download. Click the Stories tab to read stories submitted by other teens. You may also speak to a trusted therapist if you want to.
- Being a teenager is often the most difficult part of a person’s life. You can be positive by repeating positive affirmations to yourself whenever you feel down. Write down a few things you’re grateful for in a daily journal, read inspiring quotes and find something positive to laugh at. Focus on doing the things you enjoy and find friends who care about you no matter what to avoid negative people. Be yourself and never let anyone change who you are.
- Stay hopeful for the future by always having something to look forward to.
- Live a more meaningful life by helping those less fortunate through volunteering. You can volunteer to help conserve the environment, walk dogs at a pet shelter or read to children among other things. Consider fostering or adopting a dog or cat from a local shelter to give an animal a loving home. Find opportunities from home or in your area by visiting websites like Volunteermatch.
- Spirituality can bring more meaning and a sense of purpose into your life. You can be more spiritual by doing prayer, meditation or yoga on a regular basis. Besides this, you may attend church services.
- You can try writing down your personal thoughts on a daily basis to let out tension and gain peace of mind.
- Creativity can help you express your feelings in a healthy way and be yourself more often. Creative activities include creative writing, playing a musical instrument, drawing, coloring in a coloring book, listening to music and more.
- Taking care of your mind, body and spirit on a regular basis is important to overall health and happiness. Eat healthy, exercise regularly, do spiritual techniques, have healthy relationships, do the things you enjoy, etc.
- In what ways can having healthier relationships help you be a more positive person and be treated the way you want to be treated?
- How can changing your actions to live a more positive lifestyle and being yourself help you find better friends?
- In what ways can committing to having a positive mindset improve your life now and in the future?
- How can doing meaningful activities change your life for the better and help others as well?